woensdag 4 april 2012

50 Years Later

Can you connect the past with the present? Or can you arrange it in a way you are part of it? I like to think so. I had my picture taken with Ethier in 2007, a few years before his hitting streak. I can say "That's me and that guy, who had a record breaking hitting streak in April". Or that pic I'm in with Orel Hershiser. "That guy had a great season in 1988". It's fun to briefly cross someone's lifepath like that. So when I realized it will be exactly 50 years ago on April 10th the Dodgers played their first game at Dodger Stadium ánd that game is the season home opener for the 2012 season I didn't have to think twice (or even once).
So I asked my g/f nicely and booked a flight to LA. Made reservations at a hotel and impatiently waited for the single game tickets to go on sale. I got a ticket on the first try and so I got confirmation my ticket to the home opener and the game the next day will be waiting for me at the Will Call window.
Things got even better when word got out that McCourt picked a new owner. He's finally leaving, which calls for a magical party at the home opener. With the sounds of the one and only Beach Boys. Hope to see some of you there!

Van Ramblings of a Dutch Dodger

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ill be at work tuesday, but illI at least bea there Wednesday in Lfp with my gold magic johnson jersey underneath at new dodger ball cap.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Dude, I'm at LFP on wednesday as well! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen