dinsdag 15 februari 2011

Lights out!

So, I had a case of (what turned out to be) Transient Global Amnesia a few weeks back. My lights went out, I fell and for about 5 hours no new memories were imprinted in my brain. Funny thing is that I was able to call my girlfriend, walk to the doctor, talk to her and walk to the hospital afterwards (or so my girlfriend, who was with me, tells me). They did all kinds of tests on me (no, not THAT kind of tests :)), got blood samples, tapped some spinal fluid, did a brain wave scan and an MRI. I spend the night there and left the next day feeling better than I’ve felt in months. Two weeks later I had to report back to the neurologist for test results. All was well, no weird stuff but there was something off on the MRI. Nothing serious and I never would have known about it if I didn’t had that MRI. So, what did they find? A water filled cyst behind my left eye socket that has been there since before I was born. Where my brain was supposed to be, was a body of water!
Van Ramblings of a Dutch Dodger

How weird! This doesn’t mean I miss a piece of brain (but I’m not sure, lol!). I realized I don’t have a, what we call wiskundeknobbel (mathematics bump :)). Instead, I have a water dent. It didn’t take me long to give it meaning. Most of the time water is blue (in a child’s drawing, along the sandy beaches of Maui). Blue is also the color of my favourite baseball team, so now I can scientifically explain why I’m a Dodgers fan: I was born that way!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten