Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Dodgers in Toronto

No, this isn't a post about the 2025 World Series games! Now that that's off my chest, let's start! :) I always wanted to visit Toronto and seeing the World Series made that wish burn a bit brighter. So when I saw our boys were playing the Blue Jays this year I booked a flight and got tickets for the first two games at Rogers Centre, which I like to call Dodgers Centre ever since the World Series last year.

Toronto is big! It's not that different from US cities. Large department stores, loads of homeless people, but also a city underneath the city. An easy way to move around the place during those cold winters.

I really hoped to book a room at the City Centre Marriott which has rooms looking out over the baseball field. They were a few hundred dollars when I looked for a room in April in January, but prices skyrocketed in March to several thousand dollars. Ofcourse! The Dodgers were coming!

We visited the bar with field view in the beginning of the afternoon, Dodger fans were there as well, checking in into the hotel or just roaming the bar like us. I didn't have to fear being the only Dodger fan at the games.

The first night Rogers Centre was filled with almost 41,000 fans. The booing, when a Dodgers player came to bat, was loud, but I couldn't blame them. Theoscar was amazing with four RBI's. Plenty of homeruns by Hernandez, Freeman, Ohtani, Rushing (twice). Wrobleski had a great outing where Scherzer was done after 2 innings. All in all a great night out.

The next night Yamamoto was on the mound and pitched 6 solid innings. Díaz got the save. No homeruns but a great outing: 4-1.

I was impressed by the stadium. Really a nice place to visit again when the boys play here.

No comments:

Post a Comment